Tuesday, August 20, 2013

New job and a completed mummy

I was finally able to finish up the mummy.  This one will be primarily for the tabletop, so I didn't spend a long, long time on him.  That being said, I paint slowly, so there was a good eight hours into him.  I wanted to play a bit with OSL as well.  It was marginally successful, I think.  I like the eyes but am less satisfied with the hand.  The skin tones were done with Reaper Master Series Dark Skin as a base, shaded with RMS Green Liner/Dark Skin then highlighted initially with RMS Tanned Skin and finally top highlights with RMS Palomino Gold.  I kept the top highlights relatively subdued as I imagined him dusty and dull without the reflective sheen of healthy skin.  The white on the wrap was based with VMC Deck Tan, shaded with RMS Bone Shadow, and highlighted with RMS Leather White and VMC Ivory.  I think I got a nice "natural" white recipe and will probably use that on the white uniform for the French infantryman.  Thanks to DPowell over at WaMP for his article on various ways to do white.  Let me know if you are interested in the recipes for any of the other parts and I would be happy to supply those.

 
 
In other personal news, I have taken a position as one of the proofers for Figure Painter Magazine.  I love the magazine and was pleased to have been asked to proof the articles prior to publication.  I am very excited about it!  Let me know if I missed anything in the next issue of FPM ;).  Unfortunately, this may impact my frequency of posting here, but we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment