Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Another week rolls on

Good morning!  It's Tuesday and time for another blog highlight.  Today I'd like to highlight the blog of Nico Blomme.  He is a Dutch artist and is outstanding at dioramas!  From what I have seen on his site, he focuses on the historical side of the hobby.  He has great attention to detail on these pieces.  As you can imagine, they take some time to complete, but are well worth the wait.  Take a look at http://thedioramaworld.blogspot.com/.

On the news front, there are several kickstarters going these days.  I've been following Tre Manor's Red Box Games restart.  This time round he is working on goblins, dwarves, and orcs.  You can find his kickstarter here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/red-box-games-dwarves-and-goblins-and-orcs-oh-my  He's met the goal and now the backers are just waiting to see who else jumps on board.  It's always fun to see what stretch goals are planned.  Only five days left in this one, so time is short if you want in.

Wargods Olympus is also running and is fairly early on yet.  They started out hot and rapidly met their goal and have crossed a few of the stretch goals already as well.  This kickstarter is an expansion of Chris Fitzpatrick's Wargods Aegyptus,  which is focusing in on the Greek mythology this time around.  He's got some good looking sculpts.  I've not played the game myself, but I have heard it has good mechanics.  This one is at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820979427/wargods-of-olympus-mythology-miniature-battle-game?ref=live

Finally, a local guy here in Kansas City has been working on a miniature range called Freeblades and has enlisted the sculpting talent of Gael Goumon, Patrick Keith, and Chris Jackson to expand his line of miniatures.  It's a small operation, but they have already done quite a few miniatures.  The complete line up to this point can be found at http://www.dgsgames.com./.  Here is the kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dgsgames/freeblades-fantasy-miniatures-falkaaran-adventurer?ref=live.  Support him if you can!

I've managed a bit more on the hound.  More of the initial cracking on the tail and legs.  I got tired of doing that, so I put in some initial work on the mane as well.  I put some gloss varnish on the horns to see if I could quickly get a polished obsidian look to them.  Still haven't decided if I will keep that part, but at least I can see where I should put the sharp highlights :).


Finally, I would like to give a huge thanks to Ian Newbold!  As you may recall, I have mentioned him in the past for his charitable work.  He recently completed the first Creative Challenge for 2013.  I am excited that he has decided to create a gallery showcasing some of my works that he likes!  He has an ongoing gallery of quite a number of artists in the hobby and I am truly honored that he asked me to join the ranks.  Thank you Ian!

No comments:

Post a Comment